Small and the smallest of them all
DP Slave VPC3+S
profichip´s VPC3+S is a communication chip with 8 Bit parallel, SPI or I2C Microprocessor interface for intelligent PROFIBUS slave applications. The VPC3+S handles the message and address identification, the data security sequences and the protocol processing for PROFIBUS-DP.
In addition the acyclic communication and alarm messages, described in DP-V1 extension, are supported. Furthermore the slave-to-slave communication Data eXchange Broadcast (DXB) and the Isochronous Mode (IsoM), described in DP-V2 extension, are also provided.
Automatic recognition and support of data transmission rates up to 12 Mbit/s, the integration of the complete PROFIBUS-DP protocol,
4 KByte communication RAM and the flexible processor interface are features to create state-of-the-art PROFIBUS slave applications.
- SPI, I²C, parallel-interface
- 4kByte communication RAM
- Function and software compatible with VPC3+C and SPC3 from Siemens
- Supports PROFIBUS DP-V0, DP-V1 & DP-V2 protocols
- HW-PLL for DP-V2 ISOM
- Ultra Low Power, Vcc 3.3V
- Software stack and Evaluation-kit
- BGA48 / LQFP48 package or proficonn-module