VPC3+C - PROFIBUS-DP Slave Controller
profichip´s VPC3+C is a communication chip with 8 Bit Microprocessor interface for intelligent PROFIBUS slave applications.
Available versions of the chip:
PROFIBUS Slave Controller ASIC VPC3+CLF
(ROHS compliant, order code PALF2030, before PALF2003)
PROFIBUS Slave Controller ASIC VPC3+CLF3*
(ROHS compliant, order code PALF2080, before PALF2008)
* recommended for new design
Note: PQFP package change - see related PCN
For more informations call :
Tel. +49 - 9132 / 744 - 200
Fax. +49 - 9132 / 744 - 204
- Pin, function and software compatible with SPC3 from Siemens
- Supporting PROFIBUS DP-VO, DP-V1 & DP-V2 protocol
- 4 KB communication RAM
- Optional 5V or 3,3V supply voltage, 5V tolerant inputs
- Low power consumption
- Software stack and Evaluation-Kit available
- Package PQFP 44 (RoHS compliant)
- new: DP-V2 clock synchronisation (only VPC3+CLF3 / PALF2008)
- new: 20% reduced current consumption (only VPC3+CLF3 / PALF2008)
The VPC3+C handles the message and address identification, the data security sequences and the protocol processing for PROFIBUS-DP. In addition the acyclic communication and alarm messages, described in DPV1 extension, are supported. Furthermore the slave-to-slave communication Data eXchange Broadcast (DXB) and the Isochronous Mode (IsoM), described in DPV2 extension, are also provided.
Automatic recognition and support of data transmission rates up to 12 Mbit/s, the integration of the complete PROFIBUS-DP protocol, 4 KByte communication RAM and the configurable processor interface are features to create high-performance PROFIBUS slave applications. The device can be operated with either 3.3V or 5V single supply voltage. For 3.3V operation the inputs are 5V tolerant.
VPC3+C is pin-compatible to VPC3+/3+B or also to SPC3 ASIC from SIEMENS. Therefore, VPC3+C can replace them in existing applications without any restrictions or SW-modifications.