VPC3+S - PROFIBUS-DP Slave Controller serial
SPC3 & DPC31 functional replacement
Available versions of the chip:
PROFIBUS Slave Controller VPC3+S-BGA48
(order code PALF2009)
PROFIBUS Slave Controller VPC3+S-QFP48
(order code PALF2012)
profichip´s VPC3+S is a communication chip with 8 Bit parallel, SPI or I2C Microprocessor interface for intelligent PROFIBUS slave applications. The VPC3+S handles the message and address identification, the data security sequences and the protocol processing for PROFIBUS-DP.
In addition the acyclic communication and alarm messages, described in DP-V1 extension, are supported. Furthermore the slave-to-slave communication Data eXchange Broadcast (DXB) and the Isochronous Mode (IsoM), described in DP-V2 extension, are also provided.
Automatic recognition and support of data transmission rates up to 12 Mbit/s, the integration of the complete PROFIBUS-DP protocol,
4 KByte communication RAM and the flexible processor interface are features to create state-of-the-art PROFIBUS slave applications.
- SPI, I2C, parallel-Interface
- BGA48 (6x8mm) or LQFP48 (9x9mm) Package
- 4kByte communication RAM
- function and software compatible to VPC3+C and SPC3 from Siemens
- Supporting PROFIBUS-DP-V0, DP-V1 and DP-V2 protocol
- HW - PLL for DP-V2 - ISOM
- Ultra Low Power, Vcc 3.3V
- Software stack and Evaluation-Kit